The COVID-19 Emergency Fund is to help alleviate the burden the crisis has on individuals’ well-being and basic needs. This fund is designed to give the United Way of Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County (UWGBACC) the ability to make responsive investments to strengthen systems and networks that support individuals in our area affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This fund is beyond the annual fundraising effort that will still need the community’s support.
UWGBACC will administer grants from the COVID-19 Emergency Fund. The Community Impact Committee will proactively identify potential grant recipients and recommend final awards. Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis, making it possible to move resources quickly and adapt to evolving needs.
The COVID-19 Emergency grants to agencies will be awarded to organizations that have deep roots in our community and have programs that are proven to meet the needs of vulnerable individuals and families. UWGBACC’s Community Impact Committee and grant review team panel members will work with nonprofit community partners that have been approved to participate in the traditional annual grant process, to proactively identify top emergency needs and align grant application to support immediate needs such as food, utilities, housing, prescriptions and mental health.
- Minimum Request: $1000
- Maximum Request: Not specified. Partial funding of requests will be considered.
Disbursement and Reporting Requirements
- Grant funding will be disbursed as awarded to ensure services can be rapidly provided in response to the crisis.
- Grantees will provide a final report within two weeks of spending the funds or by July 15th, whichever date is earlier.
In order to be eligible for funding, agencies must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a 501c3 organization
- Align with the mission of the UWGBACC; is a nonprofit community partner that has been approved to participate in the traditional annual grant process
- Must provide services in the Baytown Area and Chambers County
- Must provide services that address immediate response or long-term relief efforts in response to COVID-19.
- General questions & inquiries about the COVID-19 Emergency Fund can be directed to Lori Rumfield at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a nonprofit interested in support from the fund, please complete this online form
- For interested corporate donors and partners, please contact Traci Dillard at email@example.com.
- Donations can be made online by clicking here or calling 281.424.5922.
- If you would like to make a donation by check, please mail to: UWGBACC, 5309 Decker Dr., Baytown, TX 77520
Thank you to our partners who have come together to support our community through the COVID-19 Emergency Fund.
- United Way Worldwide
- Board of Directors, United Way of Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County
- Rotary Club of Baytown
- And many individuals.
100% of your donations will STAY LOCAL and help residents of East Harris County and Chambers County!